Jennifer Meyerowitz, Esq.
Chief Growth Officer and General Counsel
Jennifer Meyerowitz is Chief Growth Officer and General Counsel for SAK Healthcare. Ms. Meyerowitz’s experience in healthcare consulting, bankruptcy, restructuring, operational management and advisory services spans over 23 years and she has served as an attorney, consultant, investor, advisor, real estate professional and company leader. As Chief Growth Officer and General Counsel, Ms. Meyerowitz is responsible for implementing SAK’s growth strategy, managing operational reporting for facilities and client relations, overseeing the human resources and legal departments of SAK and providing executive level management to the company.
Ms. Meyerowitz previously worked with Summit Investment Management and Keen-Summit Capital Partners buying distressed debt, selling distressed real estate and negotiating lease portfolios in bankruptcy and restructuring processes. Ms. Meyerowitz served in operations, business development, consulting and other leadership roles, including as vice president for global legal technology and services companies, with responsibility for development, legal consulting and strategic communications, compliance and logistics, and case management functions for the company’s bankruptcy and restructuring settlement services. Ms. Meyerowitz began her career as a practicing attorney at Alston & Bird LLP where, for nearly 10 years, she represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, landlords and tenants, banks and trustees in complex workouts, debt restructurings, commercial litigation, and chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Ms. Meyerowitz earned her J.D. from Emory University and her B.A. from the University of Michigan. She is an active participant in several industry organizations serving on their boards, speaking on panels, and publishing industry articles. Ms. Meyerowitz is a former global chair of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation and former chair and co-founder of its Georgia network. Ms. Meyerowitz currently serves on the boards of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, and on the global executive board of the Turnaround Management Association. Further, Ms. Meyerowitz is involved in various other professional organizations, including having served as a former chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and currently serving on various boards and committees in the industry as well as other non-profit organizations in her community.
Board and Leadership
American Bankruptcy Institute
- ABI Board – Board Member, 2018 – Present
- ABI Board Nominations Committee, 2021 – Present
- ABI Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop – Past Chair and Advisory Board Member, 2007 – Present
- ABI Caribbean Insolvency Program – Advisory Board Member, 2014 – Present
- 40 Under 40 Steering Committee – Past Chair – 2019
- ABI Strategic Planning Committee, 2017
Turnaround Management Association
- TMA Global – Vice President of Membership, 2020 – Present
- Global Board Member, 2018 – Present
- TMA NOW Co-Chair, 2017 – 2021
- TMA Global Nominating Committee, 2019 – 2020
- TMA Global – Chair of Presidential Governance & Engagement Working Group, 2019
- Member of Webinar, Awards, TMA Now, Audit, Education Oversight and NexGen Committees
International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- International Chair of 1300 member global organization, 2012 – 2014
- Past Chair, 2014 – 2016
- Board Member, 2005, 2016 & 2020 – Present
- Member, 2001 – Present
IWIRC – Georgia Network
- Co-Founder of Georgia Network in 2001
- Chair, 2003 – 2005
- Board Member, 2001 – 2010
- Member, 2001 – Present
American Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- Board Member, June 2018 – Present
- Co-Chair 2018 Annual Conference in Nashville, TN – 2017 – 2018
Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Chair, 2012-2013
- Board Member, 2006 – 2015
- Member since 1999
Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- Advisory Board Member, 2007
- Member, 2015 – Present
- Recipient of TMA Individual Contribution Award, Fall 2020
- Recipient of the Melnick Award for Outstanding IWIRC Member, April 2015
- Recognized as M&A Advisors “Top 40 Under 40” in 2012
- Named as a Georgia Super Lawyer “Rising Star” by Law & Politics Magazine in both 2005 and 2006 Named as one of the “Legal Elite” by Georgia
- Trend Magazine, December 2006 – Volume 22 – Number 4 Ranked by The Deal Magazine as one of the busiest bankruptcy lawyers in America
- Nominated for The Young Lawyer Award for the Anti-Defamation League, 2007
- Volunteer of the Year Award for The Truancy Intervention Project of Georgia, 2009
- Recipient of Alston & Bird’s “FM Bird Award” for exemplary pro bono and community service, 2007
- Author of “Lease Negotiation During COVID -19,” ABI Journal (March 2021).
- Author of “Privacy Protection and Data Security in Healthcare Related Bankruptcies,” ABI Journal (June 2018).
- Co-Author of “Effective Use of a Call Center in Chapter 11 Cases,” ABI Journal (September 2013).
- Co-Author (with Joseph Wharton) of “A Dodd-Frank Living Wills Primer: What You Need to Know Now,” ABI Journal (August 2012).
- Co-Author (with Matthew W. Levin) of “Buyer Beware: An Analysis of True Sale Issues,” 1 Pratt’s J. Bankr. L. 185 (2005).
- Co-Author (with Grant T. Stein) of “What Happens to the Seller of Contracts for the Sale of Goods,” 23 The Bankruptcy Strategist 8 (June 2006).