About SAK Healthcare
SAK Healthcare provides strategy, advice, and knowledge to move healthcare forward
- SAK Healthcare is the foremost leader in long-term healthcare facility turnarounds.
- SAK Healthcare was founded in 1987 by Suzanne Koenig, who continues to own and operate the company.
- Our company has more than 30 years of experience advising distressed healthcare facilities that require strategic redirection and turnaround management services. Our multi-disciplinary team has over 300 years of collective experience the healthcare industry, specializing in turnaround situations and rescuing troubled healthcare facilities.
- SAK Healthcare concentrates on day-to-day clinical and financial oversight, providing a complete range of services to successfully restructure facilities.
SAK Healthcare is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of patient and resident care, while also creating and enacting effective turnaround and restructuring plans.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrators
- Registered Nurses
- Clinical Dieticians
- Licensed Social Workers
- Long Term Care Operators
- Restructuring Attorneys
- Financial Advisors
- Regulatory/Compliance Experts
- Licensed Insurance Agents
- Licensed Real Estate Agents
Who We Serve
- Bondholders and Trustees
- Debtors in Possession & Creditors Committees
- Investors/Private Equity Groups
- Governmental Agencies
- Senior Housing & Skilled Nursing Operators
- Public, Private, and Non-Profit Healthcare Entities
SAK Healthcare by the Numbers
Billion Dollars in Healthcare Transactions
Number of Healthcare facilities worked in
Beds Managed in the Last Two Years
States Operated In
Cumulative Years In the Industry by Key Team Members
- AANAC – American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- ABI – American Bankruptcy Institute
- AHCA – American Health Care Association
- AHLA – American Health Lawyers Association
- AIRA – Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- ANA – American Nurses Association
- ASHA – American Senior Housing Association
- HFMA – Healthcare Financial Management Association
- IHCA – Illinois Healthcare Association
- IWIRC – International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- Leading Age
- NIC – National Investment Center for Senior Housing & Care
- NYIC – New York Institute of Credit
- SFNET – Secured Finance Network
- TMA – Turnaround Management Association
The International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation ("IWIRC") is...
By Suzanne Koenig and Nancy A. PetermanOriginally published in the ABI Journal, Vol....
By David N. Crapo, Gibbons P.C., Newark, NJ The addition of § 333 to the Bankruptcy Code...